Friday, November 6, 2009

Shaunna Peterson






Let's see… I think it's about that time.
A bit about me. My Dad started drag racing in 1970. I was born in June, 1973. From the time I can remember, my Dad was taking the family to the drag races. For those that remember it, Orange County Raceway was always my personal favorite. So I guess it's safe to say the bulk of my influences in art come from being raised around cars, pinstriping and pretty girls bearing "Miss" titles (Miss Winston, Miss Hurst Shifter). Thanks Dad!
I love old advertising, and am influenced by antiques, lingerie, toys, and good ol' rock & roll. I started reading and collecting MAD Magazine in the sixth grade. Love the wit and wisdom of Dr. Suess, Shel Silverstein, Jim Henson. I am astounded by Gil Elvgrin, Egon Schiele, Ed Roth, and whoever invented Spongebob Squarepants….. and beer.
I enjoy good friends, good times, good karaoke and watching those real life trauma shows on TLC. I dream in color. I weld. My favorite color is lime green. I'm dying to get a Pug dog and name him "SeaBiscuit"
.
I graduated with honors from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, Ca. I have a lot of fun making art. It's a pretty cool gig. Clients have included the American Legacy,
TEVA shoes, RIOT Web, A&C Black Publishing, Ark 21 Records, the National Hot Rod Association, Field & Stream Magazine, New York Press, The Silicon Valley Metro, Vancouver Magazine, the Ireland Tribune, and Fahrenheit Magazine. My work has also been showcased in Step Inside Design Magazine, International Tattoo Art, Permission Magazine, Art Week, the Sci-Fi Western Catalog, PandaMeat, and CMYK.


No comments: